If you have an audit you would like a trainee to take on or assist with, please e-mail [email protected]s.uk with details of the project to display on this website.
The audit department:
|General Enquiries: 64172|
|Full Address Details:|
Clinical Audit Department
1st Floor, Postgraduate Centre
Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS FT
Tel: 0161 27 64172
Quality Improvement and the Junior Doctor
What is Quality Improvement?
The Health Foundation define Quality improvement, as a method which “aims to improve patient experience and outcomes by taking a systematic approach that uses specific techniques to improve quality.”
This systemic approach includes the use of techniques such as audit, PDSA cycles the understand of measurement for improvement to build a project.
Why does it matter to me?
How doesn’t it matter to you!! Bed blocks, 4 hour waiting time, Patients awaiting discharge, are these things that are affecting you on a daily basis? Then it matters to you.
We all have a responsibility to improve the care of our patients, regardless of our position in the organisation. We can do this through understanding, engaging with our wider clinical and managerial teams and getting involved with Quality and Service improvement projects.
How can I learn more?
Attend a Quality Improvement Course – Next free course held on 31st March 9-3pm. Please Email[email protected] for further information
Many detailed resources showing how to go about a Quality Improvement project.Including:
- The Health Foundation/ Quality Improvement
- Healthcare Quality and Improvement Partnership (HQIP)
- Insitute of Health Care Improvement (IHI Open School)
- BMJ Quality and Safety
How can I get involved at CMFT?
There are many ways to get involved at CMFT.
- Are you interested in setting up a project but unsure how to go about it? – please contac t[email protected]
- Would you like to get involved with a project that someone else in the organisation is doing?
- Please keep checking below for information of projects and contact details.